Thursday, June 6, 2013

June Guest Designer At The Crop Stop

It is a pleasure to be invited by my friend Vicki Robertson to guest design at The Crop Stop this month.  I was pleasantly surprised at what they sent me because it made me think outside the box a little bit, which is always good for growing creativity.  I even sent Vicki a panicked email about the embossing folders, but we'll get to that in a minute...
I really enjoy creating these Life Documented Pages with many of the Simple Stories collections.  It just brings an element of efficiency to scrapbooking that does not take away from the creativity.  I'm not sure that the pages take any less time than a one page layout, but I feel like I can document an event with more completely and more easily add details, memorabilia and journaling.
The Crop Stop sent me these really fun embossing folders from Couture Creations, some mist and Flower Soft products.  It was a new adventure for me since I am not one to buy embossing folders and I am scared of anything that looks like glitter or has to dry.  I was not sure at first how to get the folders to run through my Spellbinders Grand Calibur, but after a few tries, they worked like charm.  And now after trying them out, I am hooked.  All of the materials add some fun dimension and texture to a paper craft project.  So, rather than build a project around the products, I decided to incorporate them into what I love to create with the Life Documented pages for Simple Stories.
It was so fun to run the 3 x 4 Simple Stories I Heart Summer journal card through the embossing folder.  If you look at the close up, you can see the beautiful vine pattern and how it gives the paper more dimension and texture.  I also added some of the white Flower Soft crystals to the middle of the sun for some shimmer and texture.  I have to tell you that I very much dislike any form of glitter, but the Flower Soft products do not stick to your skin and are easy to clean up.  I did not have to wear it around all day if you KWIM.
The orange Dylusions mist combined with the embossing folder also created a fun effect.  Tip, be sure to add any relevant journaling before you emboss and then add mist and stickers after.

I look forward to sharing another project next week for the Crop Stop.  Please stop by their blog and/or store for more ideas and inspiration.


Thank you for stopping by -

9 comments:

Tamika said...

Awesome work I am really loving all of the project life projects and I am feeling inspired, tfs!

Kimberly Kett said...

I love all the great details! GREAT pages!

Suzy said...

I really need to get that I <3 Summer collection! Love these pages. My friend and I just started a PL challenge/inspiration blog and would love if you checked it out :) It's called Week 2 Week. Thanks!!

Vicki said...

Beautiful LOs and love how you used the embossing folder!

Quirinus Solution Ltd said...

Quirinus Soft driving E commerce Application Development Services Company has through and through fitness in different stages and headway to plan and make inclining and industry-express E commerce arrangements. Contact here, what we have includes in our E commerce development arrangements: Woo-commerce Development, Open Cart Development, Magneto Development, Custom E commerce Development. Being an eminent eCommerce Website Development Company and one-stop arrangement provider, we have a couple of distinguishing strengths in our quiver. Our greatness and our commitment to the two go under a single umbrella and will indeed cover your business from specific distortion.
eCommerce Website Development Company
eCommerce Website Development
Quirinus Soft an eCommerce Website Development Company
Quirinus Soft Pvt Ltd an eCommerce Website Development Company
Ecommerce Website Development Company
Quirinus Soft an eCommerce Website Development Company
Ecommerce Website Development Company

Bextol said...

The first issue is location. It is highly advisable to choose the country in which you will open your bank account wisely, basing your choice not only on your preferences, but your purposes in opening the account. Generally, non-EU residents find opening a corporate bank account in the EU to be very beneficial, primarily because of the high-quality services offered by the well-regulated European system. Banks across the European Union are eager to support businesses and welcoming to new clients, and it is common policy to offer flexibility and attractive discounts. http://www.confiduss.com/en/info/blog/article/eu-bank-account-opening/

Expert Market Research said...

The global Insulin Pumps Market is broadly segmented into insulin pumps, infusion sets, insulin reservoirs/cartridges, infusion set insertion devices, and others. The pivotal factors driving the growth of this market are increasing prevalence of diabetes, development of various types of insulin, and growing awareness towards diabetes and insulin delivery devices. In addition, development of artificial pancreas and home infusion therapy is further promoting the growth of this market to a certain extent. Moreover, professional and consumer information programs provided by insulin infusion pump manufacturers are encouraging adoption of insulin delivery devices and ultimately driving the growth of this market.

Bextol said...

Schengen country - in that sense it is very close to the general immigration policy of the European Union (the United Kingdom and Ireland are part of their own separate agreement called (and therefore do not operate there Schengen rules even if they are both part of the European Union (it should also be noted that the Schengen area also includes non-EU countries). https://www.immigration-residency.eu/work-in/

TOM said...

Yes, We can see the beautiful pattern and how it gives the paper more dimension and texture. I love to shared this one with my good friends. Now it's time to avail https://quickshutterrepair.co.uk/ for more information.