Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Happy Halloween Layout and Sketch

The challenge this week at Little Yellow Bicycle was to use a regular Fall/Everyday collection to make Halloween pages.  As you can see, it wasn't very hard with the Acorn Hollow collection.  Such a great palette of autumn colors and perfect for these picture of my kids from last year.  Please visit the LYB blog for more page ideas from the Biker Chicks.
I know it has been a while since I posted a sketch...  My blog suffered a lot this summer while I was playing outside - LOL.  But I am resolved to share them again, so today is a good day to start!  I know it is simple, but I think the simplicity leaves a lot of room for interpretation.  Hope you like it!
These little owls are a "hoot" and make a fun pair of watchful eyes over the mischief and fun that goes along with Halloween.  Not to mention they are creatures of the night and perfect for this holiday.  I added owls to the sketch because I know they are popular with a lot of MFG collections, but obviously you can substitute them with bats, ghosts or whatever you prefer.
This popped up banner is a fun effect for a title.  It is really easy to cut and score paper to make the middle pop up, or you might have banners in your stash.  This one is part of the Paper Crafting Kit in the LYB Acorn Hollow Collection.

You can purchase the whole Acorn Hollow collection HERE.

Thank you so much for stopping by and have a wonderful Halloween!

2 comments:

Christine said...

Love the layout and sketch Liz! your kids are so photogenic!

Court said...

darling layout!