Friday, March 9, 2012

NEW Simple Stories Mix & Match Album - Foundations


406996_3134532607984_1404875520_3293574_377453854_n
Have you taken a close look at the Simple Stories  Mix & Match 6 x 8 album?  They are so wonderful and I think the size is perfect for your personal scrapbooking management philosophy - seriously.   I plan to savor the development of my personal album, so today is only a a post about the foundations that starts with a "Simple Story."
Mix&MatchAlbum8_LizQualman
For a special album like this with so many journaling elements, I felt inspired to share a very personal story about myself and how I plan to use this album to document a big change in my life . If you look closely, you can read how my story begins in the photo.
Mix&MatchAlbum1_LizQualman
As you can see, I have not begun to decorate the cover yet - still in the package - and it may not be decorated for a while, because I really want to see where this book leads me before I commit to the design.  So, blank it shall stay for a bit longer until I figure out a concept.
Mix&MatchAlbum2_LizQualman
I'm having some trouble commiting to the full design, so I took one of the Documented 4 x 6 journal elements and typed up what I think is a good beginning and paper-clipped it to the front of the first chipboard divider.  That way I can change it up later or add it to a special pocket.  I probably need to go back and embellish, but like I said, I want to see where this journey leads me and for this project, I am more concerned with getting the story out, before I embellish.
Mix&MatchAlbum3_LizQualman
This is the beginning of my story!  There are going to be some big changes in my life as soon as I finish up this current school year, and I want to document how I feel right now, since the school board just approved my sabbatical last week.
Mix&MatchAlbum4_LizQualman
One of the things I would love to have  more time for in my life is to write.  I am an English teacher and it seems like I read so much of other's work and don't always take the time to really communicate my own thoughts.  This album/book is going to change all of that.  I have the typewiter and am looking forward to banging some keys just to get it all documented.
Mix&MatchAlbum5_LizQualman
This is a photo of me from a few years ago, before my life got so busy with my job and my family and I were moving at a slower pace.  I want to get back to that feeling of calm and contentment.  I am anything but calm right now - though I tend to hide it well.  I think scrapbooking provides a creative outlet that allows me to deplode from how crazy and stressful my life is at work.  However, as of June, 2012, that is all about to change.
Mix&MatchAlbum6_LizQualman
Still getting the hang of using a typewriter again.  You would think it was like riding a bike, since it was all I had in high school and college, but alas, I make more mistakes than I would care to admit - which the computer hides beautifully.  Thank goodness for correction tape.
Mix&MatchAlbum7_LizQualman
As I said above, I fully plan to go back and embellish my album, but this is a foundation and I want to enjoy the development of something that will be so personal.  I hope that many of you adopt this album and system to document something very dear to you, even your everyday moments.  I am so excited to continue mine.
Materials:
Picture 8
Picture 10

Have a wonderful and creative day!


Thanks

7 comments:

Court said...

Liz, I LOVED reading this about you!!! Your album is fabulous and your journey will be so rewarding. I totally know what you mean and my husband and I just moved and slowed down the pace of our life SO much and we are really enjoying it! Then we got pregnant....so I'm sure it will quicken here again in July/August, but until then we are really loving making sure we eat lunch in the sunshine. :)

Sandra said...

Liz this is a great idea, I too remember when I made my decision to change my work life to 'retirement'. I took a year of Long Service Leave to see if being at home would work for me and it did so I retired. Being older than you it was the right time in my life to make this decision.
Good luck with what's to happen in your future.

LisiB said...

Congratulations on slowing down your life! Taking a sabbatical is a fabulous idea! It is a big step but you have made this great decision and you will profit from it greatly. I, too, am on leave. Having my little boy gives me a full year of "vacation" which I needed desperately after teaching for so many years. Looking forward to reading more about your exciting journey and if you write a novel, I will be the first one to buy it!!!!

Lisa Rukin Swift said...

Good for you for taking this giant step to make a change in your life and bring yourself, and your family, back to a place you love. I can't wait to read more about your journey. This album is a fantastic way to document everything and I love what I see so far!

Robbie said...

You are so inspiring me to get one of these. Next time I'm in town, I'm going to pick one up! I am so excited for you!!! I know how much you need this time 'off' and I can't wait to see more of your journey through your album. Terrific and so thoughtful!!

Carol W. said...

Fabulous idea to take a year a see where it leads! Looking forward to reading your journey. Best of Luck!

Unknown said...

Beautiful Photos and awesome photography..........Really I Love This Post.....Very Nice post ..Thanks For Sharing...
Corporate Gifts Bangalore