Sunday, February 12, 2012

Sunday Sketch February 12th

Let's use up some photos this week!  I love to mix wallet-sized photos with 4 x 6 photos.  Thought this would be a fun way to stack them and help the eyes move around the page.  I'm still wishing for warmer weather, so butterflies and flowers again this week.  Drop me a link if you use this sketch so I can admire your work.
This is another page from the Simple Stories Fabulous collection.  The bright summer colors against the cream ledger paper is a great contrast.  I'll admit that this is not the best photo of my project since I had to pack this up and send it off to CHA the morning after I created it, so I took the photo at night - sorry bout that.
It's really fun to mix the 12 x 12 Expression Cardstock Sticker journal sentiments with the stickers from the Year.o.graphy collection.  This was supposed to be the month of May, but I like the way it started off my journal sentiment - stretch your collection into clever titles.
There are some really fun 3 x 4 and 4 x 6 journaling elements in this collection that can easily be cut up and layered to make unique design ideas on a page. I made the large banner out of patterned paper and then layered it with the 3 x 4 card and the cut the smaller flags from a 4 x 6 journal card.

Thank you so much for stopping by!




6 comments:

Kris Berc said...

Can't go wrong with butterflies and flowers :) Love your clever title and the fact that you included yourself on the layout.

Sandi Clarkson said...

Fabulous sketch .. I am thinking this might help me get Christmas scrapped .. LOL

Izzy Anderson said...

Great sketch. I love the combination of 4x6 and smaller photos. Beautiful page. Love that new SS collection!

Mary Ann Jenkins said...

Great sketch Liz, love the mixed photo sizes!

Blossom inch said...

gorgeous Liz and so fun!

Angie H said...

I love your sketches Liz! Here is the layout I did using this one. Thank you for the constant inspiration!
http://ascrapperscrazylife.blogspot.com/2012/02/im-back.html