Sunday, January 8, 2012

Sunday Sketch January 8th


Back again with a Sunday Sketch.  This sketch is kind of a fun mess, but I think it gives many opportunities to journal and try different elements.  I sure you could turn or flip it for a fun effect too.  You could even break the 5 x 7 photo up into a couple of photos.  The sky is the limit, so have fun!

I created this page with the Simple Stories Year.o.graphy collection, which is really, really fun to work with.  You could scrapbook almost every even in a year with this collection.  I also love how Simple Stories created some very cool basic papers like this ledger paper for my background.  I simply sprayed and dripped it with mist to introduce more of the red in the background to emphasize my son's rosy cheeks.  Then I use a combination of journal cards and journal spots, along with cardstock stickers to embellish.
Pop dots have a remarkable effect on cardstock stickers.  You can give them so much dimension with just a little foam that it transforms these inexpensive embellishments into something very special.  Although, I did not add it here, just a bit of twine tied onto a sticker is another way to dress them up.
This is a combination of the Simple Stories 12 x 12 Expresssions Cardstock stickers.  I used the to make this fun title and subtitle.  I love the different letter cases in the red mini alphabets.  I think Simple Stories has really created a product that can make a complete page without needing a lot of extras.  Except for the mist, black gems and floss, this page is all Simple Stories Year.o.graphy.
We had a blog swap with the Glue Arts team this week, please be sure to visit both the Simple Stories blog and the Glue Arts blog for some wonderful projects by both design teams.

Thank you so much for stopping by and please let me know if you use the sketch so I can stop by and admire your work!  I ALWAYS love to see how people interpret my sketches and many times their pages turn out so much better than mine - LOL.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

6 comments:

Kris Berc said...

Fun sketch, Liz! I'm so happy to see the Sunday sketches again :) and what a cute pie he is!

Sandi Clarkson said...

Looks like another great sketch .. love what you did with it!

Jona Panesa said...

what an awesome sketch!!! would love to try this one!

Marg Van Patten said...

Thanks for another really great sketch!Here's what I did with this one ...
http://ididnthavepotatoes.blogspot.com/2012/01/last.html

Toby and Valerie Durham said...

Lovin' your sketches! Here's what I did with it:

http://myscrappypleasures.blogspot.com/2012/01/another-little-sketch-blook-page.html

Christine said...

Totally off schedule but I finally got my take posted :) http://scrappingwithchristine.blogspot.com/2012/02/totally-off-with-my-seasons-but-im.html
I was inspired just by your great layout...and then decided to try the sketch :)