Sunday, January 22, 2012

Sunday Sketch January 22nd


Is it hectic around your house?  I just finished off the last of my CHA projects today and will be popping them in the mail tomorrow, headed for Anaheim.  And...because the trade show is just around the corner, I thought it would be fun to make a sketch with one of my projects for Little Yellow Bicycle's Paradise Collection.  I like the idea of color blocking and using as many patterned papers as you can while still keeping the design relatively simple.  So take a look in your stash to find at least three or four different patterned papers that compliment each other perfectly.
I created this page of a visit with some of my girlfriends to San Diego.  I thought the sentiments of the cardstock stickers perfectly captured the occasion.  I also highlighted the Flower Kit and dressed it up with LYB Jewel Stickers.

OutandAbout2_LizQualman
I just love how adding a few pop dots to the cardstock stickers makes them jump off the page.  The "free" sentiment paired with the bird sticker shows how my friends and I "left" our families at home so we could enjoy a girls weekend out.

Thank you for stopping by and let me know what you think or do with this one!

5 comments:

Charlotte Brochu said...

I love the sketch and I used it to complete a layout of my daughter last Christmas. Here is the link if you'd like to see what I did with it. http://scrapsational-char.blogspot.com/2012/01/seasons-greetings.html

Brenda said...

I love this sketch, Liz! (Well, I love all of them..) I had a picture of my Grandmother to scrap, so here's the link - http://roseblossomlegacies.blogspot.com/2012/01/family-love.html
Thanks for always being so inspiring!!

all the days of our life said...

oh! Liz I miss not visiting your blog, I always love all the inspiration you give with all your beautiful work. This Lo is gorgeous. Great sketch.I

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Bonjour,

Voila ma copie pour ce sketch ;)
votre site est une mine d'or je vais y revenir ;)

http://img93.xooimage.com/files/1/5/5/realisation_du_06-01-13-3aeb177.jpg


Bonne fin de journée
Flonya
Flonya.fr