Monday, December 13, 2010

Wintertime with Echo Park

 
Sorry the sketch is just a tad late.  I had submitted this layout and sketch to the Echo Park Guest Blogger challenge and was waiting to see if it was selected.  This morning I found out that it is the first project selected for the 12 Days of Guest Designers on their blog.  Now that it is live, I can share the sketch with you all.  I'll be posting the winner of the November Challenge this week and putting up the December Challenge soon - although I am feeling like most people are too busy to scrap...
This is what the holidays look like in Colorado - pure Rocky Mountain fun, filled with fresh air and powdery snow. The "Wintertime" collection is a perfect palette of frost to make these photos of my son look even a bit chillier. I have been working on ways to add more photos to my layouts and since I am addicted to wallet-sized ones, I am always searching for more ideas on how to include them on my pages.  For this project, I decided to make a filmstrip of my son playing in the snow to compliment the larger 5x7 close up photo. I also tried to keep my embellishments fairly simple, but had to add this super cute sticker of the snowman. I also used some pop dots.
To increase the frosty feel of the page and to give it some sparkle, I added a bit of bling to this cardstock border sticker. I also varied the colors of the sticker alphabet to create a bit more interest to the title. The little circle snowflake sticker finished off the look.
Aren't these trees adorable? It is the little details like this that make Echo Park papers so fun. I cut up some of the paper strips to include this as a layer in my design and then added some of the sentiments from the cardstock stickers.

20 comments:

Anonymous said...

DArling! One of my faves of yours - hope I can sneak in some scrappy time to play with that sketch! Thanks!

Joanna said...

Oh MY GOD! That is THE cutest thing ever!! Wow! Sweet pics and perfect colors! Awesome job! Love the sketch too..I might have to join in on this one! ;)

Melissa said...

Great sketch! I have a photo strip from a couple of Christmases ago that I've been wanting to use on a layout and I am so inspired to pull it out and try it with this sketch! Thanks!

LisiB said...

Adorable sketch and super fun layout. I love all the little, well thought through details.

Kris Berc said...

Congratulations, Liz! I saw you over on Echo Park. Your layout is perfect!

scrapstampcrazy said...

Love the sketch and your take! It's super cute!

Mary Pat Siehl said...

congrats on being their guest blogger--your work is amazing! i love this sketch too--will definitely play with this one!!

Sarah Mullanix said...

this is just awesome..LOVE IT!! :)

Barb Craft said...

Oh My goodness!! Your son is a cutie with those frosty little cheeks of his!! I love the way you included more photos in your LO... All of it is darling!
Barb :)

Kathy said...

Oh, this is such a cute sketch and I love your layout! I just made a layout with these same papers, and it is just wonderful! Need to get me some more before they run out---it's a line I want more of!!!
Oh, and how many of those sugar cookies have you eaten today??? LOL.

Court said...

Liz, I just LOVED your projects and am so honored to be featured today right after you! Thanks for the words of encouragement you left! They are so appreciated! :)

Caroline said...

Echo Park is the best!! And your layout is just adorable!!

Unknown said...

I really loved this sketch when I saw it yesterday and couldn't wait to create with it. Here's my page (I rotated the sketch 90degrees)
http://scrappininak.wordpress.com/2010/12/14/its-beginning-to-feel-a-lot-like-christmas-2/

Melissa said...

I saw this layout on two peas and thought it was fantastic!

Melissa
http://www.burstsofcreativity.blogspot.com/

hilde janbroers said...

I love your layout! amazing job!

Debbie Sherman said...

Love your layout Liz! The colors are perfect and of course the design is fab!
Merry Christmas to you and your family! Hope to see you soon!

Kelly Massman said...

Love the sketch, paper and your layout! Thanks for the heads up about Adornit! I've never had any of their papers before! I think I'm going to enjoy them! :-) P.S. I sure do love your sketches and work! :-)

Cathy Lane said...

I totally loved that sketch and had the perfect photos to use!! As always it's a great sketch and so lovely to work with!! Thanks so much for sharing your wonderful work!!

Cathy Lane said...

Oops, forgot to leave a link to the page so here goes...
http://www.scrapbook.com/myplace/index.php?mod=galleries&u=323967&m=view&id=3037613&type=-1

TanishaRenee said...

You totally rocked your blog post over at EP papers!! Love that sketch, too!