Sunday, October 31, 2010

Sunday Sketch, Guest Designers and Me

Happy Halloween! It's time for all Ghosts, Goblins and other Creatures to come out for some candy! This is the last sketch of the month and I will leave the October Sketch Challenge up for another week so people can use this sketch to enter. Let's see what the guest designers did this week, we only have a few weeks left for this amazing group of crafters and then I am not sure what I am going to do for 2011...something I am sure!
Shamma Parvin is the featured designer this week and her work never disappoints. Here is a little bit about her, "I'm from the sunny island of Singapore. I live with my two blessings and a wonderful husband who is ever so supportive of my hobby. I've been scrapping for 4 years now and is still enjoying the process. I don't have a definite style of layouts. My layouts usually goes with the paper that I worked on. I t can be something very simple, flat and clean to something with layering, misting and tearing. Scrapbooking has been a very wonderful journey so far as it nourishes the creative side of me. I create, I scrap and I love every effort that I've invested in every page that I've done."


Isn't Shamma's layout just stunning??? I love the contrast with the black background. This is what Shamma had to say about working with the sketch, "When I first saw this sketch, I was like "Wow, this is so pretty" Liz always come up with wonderful sketches and this is no exceptional. She never fails to add on flowers and swirls and that's my favourite part of it. I tried working as close as i can to the sketch. I did not add any journaling because as you can see, this page is about me. I choose the title dream because I'm sure we all have dreams in life maybe... like being a billionaire standing next to Oprah and the Queen in Forbes magazines.lol I believe every day is another chance to make your Dreams come true. I also add on some platinum stickles to the yellow roses to enhance it further. To complete the page, i add on the red butterfly and some rhinestones and pearls. I'd like to take this opportunity to thank Liz once again for all her wonderful sketches."
Close Ups of Shamma's Work
Please visit Shamma's blog Creative Momma for more information about her and details about her work.

Sheila Danforth is back again with her third and final project for this wonderful group of designers. Here is what she had to say about this adorable layout and how she used the sketch, "I didn't want to change anything about this sketch, I really love the layers and the different shapes used in this design. Everything came together so perfectly. I used Prima's new Jack and Jill paper line as it compliments the photo I used of my new Grandbaby. I distressed the edges of all the layers of paper, I feel it softens and adds much texture to the lo. I really enjoy using Liz's sketches, her designs are so beautiful and fun to work with! I feel some of my best layouts were created using them. Thanks Liz."
Please visit Sheila's blog Luv 2 Scrap for more information about her and details about her work.

Sheree Power had the same idea as me to use this week as an opportunity to scrap some "scary" photos for this MAJOR holiday in the states. This is what she had to say about working with the sketch this week, "The minute I saw this sketch, I knew what I wanted to use it for... My daughter Kaitlyn just had her 10th birthday and the theme was Halloween... So, I decided instead of one picture to add two 6x4s, but kept the sketch the way it was and just moved the journaling to the other side of the photos instead of on the bottom...thanks for another great sketch Liz..."
Please visit Sheree's Just the 2 of Us blog for more information about her details about her work.

Me - I think some of you have seen this layout, but it is the one that I based the sketch on and perfect for the day. I used Little Yellow Bicycle's Boo-ville collection to create the background for this Scary Witch who has actually decided to be Padme Amidala this year. Quite a change from last year, but I guess that is how it goes :)

Thank you so much for stopping by and have a wonderful time trick or treating if you celebrate this rather strange and fun holiday.

2 comments:

Beatriz Farquhar-Guzman said...

Gorgeous sketch!!!!! And your guests are very talented... love their work.

Kathy said...

Great sketch, and beautiful layout, Shamma! Those colors are striking against the black!