Sunday, August 15, 2010

Sunday Sketch and Guest Designers



Still have some flowers in your stash that you are dying to use???  Check out what our guest designers did with the sketch this week...  Remember, this sketch is eligible for the August Sketch Challenge.  Click HERE to add your project with this sketch to Mr. Linky.

I think there were some wires crossed this week and I have not received a project from our featured designer, so until further notice, there are two wonderful projects to share from our other two designers.

Robbie Herring is back this week with her final project as one of the guest designers and leaves us with the most adorable project ever....  I love what she did with the daisies on her layout in honor of her new puppy of the same name - Daisy.  Here is what Robbie had to say about using the sketch, "Talk about your 45 minute or less layout!  I whipped this up the morning it was due and loved all the elements of the sketch.  It started to get a bit busy, so believe it or not, I took some elements off of it.  The die-cut isn't very large, so I was working on a smaller pallet and I just had to add the daisies. Perfect for my first page of my sweet Daisy!"


Please visit Robbie's blog Just the Scrap for more information about her and details about her work.

Tracy Gardiner also returns this week with a wonderful version of the sketch which includes a really exciting color palette.  Here is what she had to say about working with the sketch, "I rotated the sketch 90 degrees to the right to accommodate my landscape orientation photos and I elected to “join” the embellishments down the right side of my photos by moving the clusters closer together.  My journaling reads as follows: 'Usually, getting you to take the rubbish out is a mission, but, add a 4-wheeler, a trailer, your cousins and your oups and a nasty task becomes a fun one!  April 2010'  Thanks for the great sketch!"
Please visit Tracy's blog I am Here to {L}ive Out {L}oud for more information about her and details about her work.

Thank you so much for stopping by -


3 comments:

Melinda Spinks said...

Oh how cute is that little puppy?
Liz, another gorgeous sketch, think I may just have to have a go at this one because it is so darn wonderful... and I've got flowers everywhere that just never seem to get used.
Love both takes from Robbie and Tracy, they've really put together two beautiful layouts.

Sandi Clarkson said...

Wonderful sketch, Liz and the designers did a fantastic job!

Wendy Rasbach said...

Hi Liz! Thanks for the great sketch to play with! Mr. Linky has me down for number six, but the link is wrong. You can see my layout at this link:
http://scrappingwithatypeapersonality.blogspot.com/2010/08/you-again.html
(if you want to)
:) Wendy