Thursday, May 27, 2010

Mountain Splash & an iRock

I really love how you can mix and match Imagnisce collections! This layout was created with predominantly the Splash Dance collection, which I thought worked beautifully with the greens in the photos, as well as a perfect match for the burlap Prima flowers. But, you can see a little Live Loud ribbon and I had a blast adhering the gems to my layout with the BRAND NEW iRock tool from Imaginisce. So many possibilities... This was my first attempt and it was a lot easier than you would think. I really love the copper gems and thought they were a perfect look for my Rocky Mountain project. In the photo are my daughter and my parents getting ready to ride the historical Georgetown Train to Silver Plume. These are two separate photos, but I cropped them to look like they were taken in the same shot so the train could be in the background.
I used my new Cricut Story Book cartridge to cut the title and then pop dotted it at various heights to make it stand out and add interest to the layout. I also used my Sunday, May 23rd Sketch to create this layout.

Thank you so much for stopping by -

4 comments:

Beatriz Farquhar-Guzman said...

Beautiful layout. Love the colors and also the fact that you use your own skecth. Great job!!!!! Happy Thursday!

Romy said...

This turned out amazing, Liz! What a wonderful colour combo and I love your use of your own sketch.

Michelle said...

I love this!!! Love how your cropped the photo to look like one. And the colors are wonderful!!

Kathy Martin said...

Very cool page! Eye catching design and so fun! :)