Sunday, April 25, 2010

Sunday Sketch and Guest Designers

For this week's sketch I tried to incorporate the popular trend of little squares a.k.a. inchies. I see them everywhere and they look so interesting to add to layouts, because you can decorate them with all kinds of fun things. Hope you enjoy it

Diana Gonzalez has been following my sketches for some time and she really did some fabulous work with the sketch this week. Here is a little bit about her, "I live in Miami, Fl, with my husband of 8 years Stan, my 2 kids Daniel and Monica our one child Natalie and one of my four step kids Tyler. Having a blended family can be rewarding and challenging at the same time. But I would not trade it for the world. I started to scrapbook eight years ago when I watch a scrapbooking show on QVC it got hooked immediately. I found that through scrapbooking I can tell my stories, showcase my photos artistically in my scrap books. I love to scrap the good, the bad and the ugly, is the story or our life that will be here for generations to come and learn what life was like, what we were like. I don’t have a particular style I would say, I love to try different things, I love thinking outside the box."

This is what Diana had to say about working with my sketch, "I LOVE Liz’s sketches, I use them often, since they help me get my mojo back when I just can’t get myself to scrap. This sketch was a bit outside my comfort zone, linear, clean and multi-photos. The multi-photo part is a good thing since I always have to use a sketch when I put more than 1 photo on a page. I was able to use some of my scraps which it’s always a good thing. I used some, Basic Gray, Dream Street, lemonade, Angel Heart, Bella Blvd, Family Tree, American Craft, Thickers, Adorn It, letters and some Primas. Thank you Liz I had a wonderful time with this sketch."

Some close ups of her work.

Please visit Diana's blog All the Days of our Lifes for more information about her and details about her work.

Lisa Hidy is another fresh face and I just adore this clever layout she created with Hats. Here is what she had to say about working with the sketch, "When I saw this sketch, I felt as if Liz had designed it with me in mind. I love clean and simple lines and this sketch fit my "style" perfectly. I loved using the boxes at the top to add simple embellishments of buttons and stickers. Instead of adding a circle of paper at the top I used a button and extended the line of the circle to draw the eye towards my pictures by using a strip of ribbon under my button. I love how this sketch can allow a great mix of patterns, the flexibility of it is just awesome!"

Please visit Lisa's blog My Creative Endeavors for more information about her and details about her work.

Barbara Lochridge did such a fun take on my sketch. I just love the colors. Here is what she had to say about working with the sketch, "At first glance I thought this would be an easy sketch to copy. I soon learned I was wrong, because I don't do a lot of multiple picture layouts. I searched through many different papers, but kept having a hard time with the top blocks. I had to cut the photos down to three, and I substituted the circles with flowers. All in all, I am happy with the end result - especially considering the challenge of the multiple photos."

I'd say that Barbara hit a home run and we would never have guessed that she struggled in the least. Sometimes a challenge yields some very nice surprises.

Please visit Barbara's blog Scrap Happenings for more information about her and details about her work.

I'll post a challenge link later this week for any of the sketches you have used this month. Stay tuned...

Thank you for stopping by -

9 comments:

Beatriz Farquhar-Guzman said...

Your sketch is awesome as always and your guests' takes are beautiful too.
I can't wait to give it a try. Happy Sunday!

Marisol said...

What a more original sketch, Liz!
I like the squares of different sizes that you have placed over the photos.

I'll try to do it this week ;)

Your guest designers have done a fantastic work with it.

Greetings from Spain

Luz Maria Bruna said...

Amazing sketch as always!!
Luzma

scrappygal said...

It was a wonderful experience working with the sketch. I have used a few in the past, and can't wait until my next Guest DT appearance. Wonderful lo's ladies!!

Sandi Clarkson said...

Great job, ladies. Looks like a challenging sketch but ffantastic for those multiple photos we all have! Think I'll try it for some of these Christmas pix I need to scrap!

Anonymous said...

Great samples and I'm totally digging this sketch and hoping I can squeeze in time to play this week! Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

Gosh I haven't been by in awhile and then get to come by and see these wonderful LO's...I just think these are so much fun!!! Great ideas for this sketch too...awesome!

sarah said...

i really need to get off my booty and use more of your sketches.... why?! because they rock!

hopefully i can get to them sometime this week.

hugs,
sarah.

2amscrapper said...

Great takes on the sketch!