Sunday, April 11, 2010

Sunday Sketch and Guest Designers

I'm so excited to share the sketch this week and there are some amazing examples from the guest designers. Don't forget that on the last Sunday of this month, you will be able to link the work you have done with any of the sketches this month in a drawing for a RAK. Keep checking back each week for a new sketch and new guest designers.

Metal Minish joins us all the way from Sweden. Besides being a talented scrapbooker, he is a comic artist/illustrator. It's not often that you find men designing in this industry, but MM's work is both technical and fascinating. You can get a glimpse of him in the background of his avatar photo above, but if you are curious to learn more about him and his work, you should visit his blog.

"Never really growing up, still being a big dreamer at heart, playing and loving videogames, and drawing... I love to create and get inspired by everything I experience, feel and see. Scrapbooking came into my life in 2007, when a store opened in the town I lived in. I became curious, and stepped in. I realized that with this new hobby I could showcase my bunches of photos without them being just a boring slideshow on my computer, and at the same time bring out the best sides of the photo and tell the story behind it, all in one! I like trying out new styles, always trying to develop my style and learn more. Also playing with different sizes, 12x12, A4 and currently, 8x8. Most of the time, you can tell it's my work from the combination of colorful details and dirty grunge,both in my art and my scrapbook layouts. And of course, you can tell it's my scrap from the photos... My favorite photo motifs are my two BJD's (ball jointed dolls) boys named Nintendo and Konami. But they aren't the only thing I scrap about; many things from my nerdy life gets a round at the scrap table when I'm at it! From dolls to cosplay, from picnics to a snapshot of today.."

Here is what Metal Minish had to say about working with the sketch, "Instead of using three different photos, I decided on using this one photo that I've had lying around for too long, waiting for the perfect opportunity to get scrapped. By cutting it in three seperate pieces, it creates more focus on my dear Nino sitting in the middle.I did my typical splatter-misting to the background using some dark bronze acrylic (tutorial can be found here). The sketch was fun and easy to scrap, and I hope you'll like this layout as much as I enjoyed making it!"

Some close ups of MM's work.

Please Visit Metal Minish's blog Nerd Scrap to learn more about him and for details about his work.

Shamma Parvin is a very talented lady who comes to us all the way from Singapore. If you don't have her on your radar yet, I think you should. I love the deep rich colors she used in her layout. Here is what she had to say about working with the sketch, "When I first saw this sketch, I was a little apprehensive because I know I'm not that good with multiple photos. And so I thought, "Oh dear, I hope I don't make a mess with this one!" I than go ahead and choose my base. I challenged myself with purple and also at the same time I'm loving the Bo Bunny papers and I thought it's perfect for my little guy. To my great suprised, I got the creative juice flowing and everything else just fell into place. I tried not to place 3 photos straight in a row but rather I placed them a little up and down and of course I'm so happy to get to play with my border punch. I add on clear flower sticker to add on more textures for this page. Lastly it's all the embellishment, the flowers, the butterflies, the blings and all. Thanks Liz, I never knew I could do it till I tried. This is indeed one interesting sketch."

Please visit Shamma's blog Creative Momma to learn more about her and for details about her work.

Aymee Gandy joins us this week with this adorable Beach layout. Here is what she had to say about working with the sketch this week. "Wow! What a fabulous sketch to work with! I have to say I totally loved this sketch! It was so easy to follow, but also left plenty of room for you to switch things up. For my layout, I followed the sketch pretty closely. I added some cutwork owls instead of flowers since this is a page of my nephew. I used my sewing machine to add a zig zag stitched rectangle and to secure my ribbon technique at the bottom of the layout. To me, the bottom edge of the sketch had my Martha Stewart Loop Punch calling my name, so I used it for the decorative edge. I also loved how this sketch had 3 photo places in it, but the layout still turned out pretty simple. As a artist, I find I have the hardest time adding more than 1-2 photos to a layout in the fear that it will be too busy, but this sketch made that a breeze!!!"

Please visit Aymee's blog A Scraphappy Southernbelle to learn more about her and for details about her work.



10 comments:

Unknown said...

love, love, love this sketch! Can't wait to play.

Michelle said...

Oh Liz this is a wonderful sketch!! LOVE It!!! Love everyone's take on it as well!!

Sandi Clarkson said...

Love this sketch, Liz. And how exciting to see everyone's interpretation. Always exciting to meet new paper artists as well as see some familiar faces!

Monique Nicole Fox said...

Nice sketch and love all the layouts.

Pat said...

Great sketch & beautiful pages!

Melinda Spinks said...

Another beautiful sketch Liz!
Really love the three different takes on the sketch, all such beautiful work.

Anonymous said...

Wow - some talents folks for sure!

Lynn Biermann said...

Wonderful Sketch & I love the designers creations! They took the sketch & ran with it! Thanks for sharing!

Rebecca K. said...

Beautiful sketch!! here's my take on it

http://www.serendipityscrapbooks.com/gallery/data/500/medium/DSCN1413.jpg

scrappygal said...

Love their creations and the sketch!