Monday, April 12, 2010

Scrap "Dating"


I have not had the opportunity to date online, because I met my husband 15 years ago when the internet was just beginning, so we had to make our connection the old school way (you know, through a friend, in a bar...) But, I have had the experience of meeting a lot of very talented scrapbookers online and even had the pleasure of meeting a few of them in person. Who knew there we so many passionate and famous scrappers living in my own state of Colorado? Well, this is an amazing group and I am not even going to try to explain how many craft manufacturers, kit clubs and publications were represented in this group. But I will say that there were no egos present, just a supportive group of girls who love to share their talent and their tools - special thanks to Jen and Lauren - I forgot a few things.

We had the pleasure of meeting up at the Treasure Box in Fort Collins (go Rams - my alma mater), which is a local scrapbook store owned by a super sweet woman named Cheryl. We had a blast chatting about anything from our families, to education, to our interests in this industry and even about boots (girls - I have to keep this clean LOL).

Roxanne organized a scrapbook charity and asked each of us to raid our stashes and donate some supplies to an amazing cause. The photo of the back of her car, shows the loot we amassed. It's not always about scrapping and chatting - we are also philanthropists.

Let me introduce you to a few of the girls who attended. Click on their names to visit their blogs to learn a little more about them. Girls, just so you know - I tried to edit all the boots out of the photos - LOL! Keeping it clean...

Roxanne and Tiffany

Kazan, myself and Laura D.

Amanda, myself and Laura A.

Christyn and Ronda

Emily and Arleigh

Kathy and Jen

Lee Ann and Amanda

Amanda, Laura A., Kazan and Heather

Heather, Mary Kay, Marti and Debbie

This is what happens when you ask your new friend Marti to take a photo of you and your friend Debbie and she gets all mammarazzi on you. LOL! Marti just kept clicking away and Debbie and I could not stop laughing.

Please check back on Wednesday to see the sketch I brought to challenge the ladies and hopefully I'll have a few examples to share, because that is the only project I accomplished in the 8 hours I visited with the group. LOL! Did I forget to mention that we SHOPPED too.

Thank you so much for stopping by -


15 comments:

Sandi Clarkson said...

Great pix and looks like loads of fun! CSU is my alma mater too! Got my BS there! A lon time ago LOL ..

Ranger and Tanner said...

great recap Liz, hope to see you again soon...

Anonymous said...

Beautiful tribute to a very fun day - and thanks for the boot cropping!

Luz Maria Bruna said...

Wow I can imagine how fun it was!! Love to be there and I see some faces I know!!
Luzma

Debbie Sherman said...

Awesome blogpost Liz! What a great time we had! Can't wait to see you all again!

Beatriz Farquhar-Guzman said...

Liz, I bet it was so much fun! Can't wait to see what the ladies will do with your sketch. I posted mine today. By the way, I love it!!!!
Happy Monday!

Anonymous said...

Loved the post, Liz. It was lovely to meet you on Saturday - and to do my little part of recording the moment for posterity. LOL. I hope we can all get together again soon. Blessings to you!

Laura Achilles said...

he-he....we did have fun huh! Love the boots lol! Hope to c u again soon!

Ronda Palazzari said...

it was an awesome weekend. I love your recap & pictures. What can i say...i do have great boots..lol.

Amanda said...

Truly, Ronda does have great boots. ;) Thanks, Liz, for this awesome recap!! Looking forward to next time!

Emily Pitts said...

liz, this was so much fun! thanks for the fun pictures. can't wait to do it again soon :)

Roxane said...

I really enjoyed seeing so many friends I hadn't seen in such a long time, and I enjoyed meeting so many new ladies. The talent was amazing. I didn't scrap one thing, but I got five years of volleyball organized!
Thank you so much for all of the donations ladies! I weighed them last night and we collected 199 pounds of supplies! Isn't that just amazing? You are all so VERY generous! I'm making my first delivery this evening, and will deliver the rest by the weekend. I look forward to getting together again soon! So glad to have all of the links to everyone's blogs too. Thanks for documenting this day so nicely for all of us Liz!
Roxane

Lauren said...

Great pix! I had a really good time and it was fun hanging out with you!

Laura Davis said...

What a cute post Liz! I had tons of fun, and it was so nice to finally meet you :)
hugs
Laura

Suzanne said...

It looks like so much fun!!!!!! Love the snapshots!!!