Thursday, March 26, 2009

Punch Drunk Love


Besides being a uniquely odd Adam Sandler movie, this post is to reflect on all of the punches I have been collecting lately. Above is a photo of just a FEW of my favorites: McGill Floriano, Martha Stewart Branch and Butterfly, EK Success Retro Flowers medium and small and Photo Corner, and the Fiskars Threading Water border punch. However, the punch I am totally enamored with is the Fiskars A Dozen Roses border punch and embosser (BTW - I picked this up at amazon.com...Prime shipping is only two days). Below is an example of what this little baby can do to make exquisite and interesting edges.


This is an "old school" paper from My Little Shoebox's line called Butterflies. Isn't the color gorgeous? It's even prettier in real life. To begin, I started the punch at the edge of the paper.


Now you can see the gorgeous flower border that the punch makes along the edge of the paper, and if you look closely, it also embosses the inside of the edge with a pretty little vine which adds some interesting texture to the paper. Oh my...I knew I should have put lotion on my hands before I shot these photos. When will I learn?


I've finished a whole side and you can see how pretty the edge looks with the flourishes and flowers on this patterned paper from My Little Shoebox. But wait...I'm about to finish a corner.


The best part about the A Dozen Roses punch is that it is very forgiving on the corners. Because it has such a rich and busy texture, you can just trim the corner a bit with some scissors for a custom look that is clean and neat. Isn't that a beautiful edge for this paper? Can I just say one more time that I totally LOVE this border punch!

3 comments:

Julie Howard said...

LOVE the title of your post. Just too clever. I have some of the more lacey border punches that I picked up a few years back. You've inspired me to pull them back out. Gorgeous!

Lynn Biermann said...

LoL WE are all Punch Drunk~ Tooo funny & sooo true!

said...

Great post and title Liz!! I just might have to break down and buy another sprig punch. I have the McGill which is very hard to punch with, so maybe Martha's is easier. I love that Rose punch....hmmm I think I need it!!